Saturday, November 27, 2010

Layover in Seoul, S.K.

I am sitting her in the Incheon Int'l in Seoul, South Korea with Sam and Ron--two of the team members on the Chicago to Seoul flight.  We just "happened" to sit right next to Regina and John, and also met up with Kurt in the waiting area.  We are all on the next flight from Seoul to Phenom Penh.  We have the majority of the core team together, and it's a real pleasure to meet these fine people with the same calling.

The LORD kept me safe even before arriving at O'Hare.  On I-94 about 7 Fri am,  an SUV attemped to avoid debris on the highway and careened out of control crossing three lanes of traffic and slamming into the barrier within about 25 feet of our car.  I praise God for His provision of safety.  And God also allowed us to clear security checkpoints in both Chicago and Seoul very smoothly.  Both times, we were through in less than 10 minutes.

I was able to sample some Korean food at the airport, and will share some pictures on Facebook soon.  The next leg leaves @ 6:50p Seoul time (3:50a CT) and is about a 5 1/2 hrs flying time to Phenom Penh.  I'm very thankful for an eye mask and well-fitting earplugs.  I actually slept pretty well on the airplane despite be awakened twice to eat.  No problem--the airline food was actually really good (or maybe I was just really hungry).  

Tomorrow morning, we will be in church and will get rested up, and then I believe we make final preparations for our tour.  We are staying at the Asian Princess in Phenom Penh, and plan to post again tomorrow.  God bless all of you as you pray for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment