Thursday, November 25, 2010

A calling

Approximately 3 months ago, I picked up the CCA journal, and read an article from Dr Rick Skala regarding his experience in Cambodia in late 2009.  I immediately felt that God was calling me to go, yet I was hesitant.  Over the next few weeks, I looked at the article several times.  Finally, I decided if God was calling me to do this that He would work out all the details.  I contacted Dr Skala, and he sent me further information (see his 2010 blog).  I also got in touch w/ the CCA mission director and also talked with family and friends about the possibility.  Every possible concern in my mind had been answered, yet I knew in my heart that it was a leap of faith.  Well, I took that leap!  In less than 24 hours, I will be bound for a 2-week medical mission trip to Cambodia.  During the following 2 weeks, we will have 11 clinic days including stops to the villages of Kdol, Cheneak, Posat, Rokakiri, Kasskrolaw, Bakroutas, Sampov Mountain, Poipet, and the cities of Battambang and Siem Reap.

Our group is organized under Transform Asia and with the logistic help of Partnership International.  It is a great privilege to be going to Cambodia with such an experienced group of doctors and mission-minded professionals.  Our intention is to provide a high quality of health care to folks that are suffering.  However, the medical care is a draw for people to be exposed the gospel of Jesus Christ that will transform their lives for eternity.  Please join us in praying for the Cambodian people that we will be serving, for travel mercies for the entire team--especially in the next 48 hours, and for robust health throughout the entire trip.

I will be posting to the blog regularly throughout the next several weeks, so please subscribe and pray for us daily.  Also, you can "friend" me on facebook to see pictures and videos (depending on available bandwidth) along w/ blog-posted notes.

1 comment:

  1. This so awesome!!!I am so happy and excited to hear that you decided to go on this journey!
    Prayers and blessings,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete